Candid Baby Photography | Dublin, Ireland

/
0 Comments
baby photography portfolio


Very often my clients ask me whether to choose studio or natural light/ location based photo shoot for their baby or family portrait. What light is better?
Artificial/ studio or ambient/natural light. I would like to explain this whole subject but I would have to break it into few separate posts as the subject of lighting is very broad. Light matters especially when we think of candid baby portraits.
Natural light in photography is sun light and the way it falls on the subject, in this case the model. In the studio everything photographer does is simply "imitating" the sunlight by using flash and strobe lights. The best results in portraiture photography can be achieved with one soft box only.

So why imitate something that is there already? Natural light is beautiful it reflects in range of tones and it doesn't have to be bright/sharp day light to take good photographs of your baby. I am personally a big fan of Irish light. It has soft blue tone in it that gives skin lovely soft colours. For best results when shooting indoors - the clients home - I use wide aperture and low ISO. This combination creates great depth of field. But most importantly when shooting on location or outdoors using natural light I have this whole great space to use to capture children at play or when running, basically doing what children like to do most. I can still introduce props but don't have to worry about babies and kids getting bored quickly. And for that and many other reasons I would recommend using what's given. Simple and natural light. 



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.